Monday, March 26, 2012

Tea Forte Cherry Marzipan Skin Smart Tea review

When we were given the option to choose the Teen Vogue box from Birchbox for March, I jumped at the chance...but when I later saw that many of the regular boxes contained these Skin Smart teas from Tea Forte, I kind of regretted my decision.

See, I love tea. I LOVE IT. In my old apartment, I was teased for having an entire tea pantry.  It is my favorite beverage.  I drink it iced, hot, black, green, red, herbal, for breakfast, snacks, lunch, and dinner.  I am a big fan.  So I was quite disappointed that I was going to miss out on getting these teas in my Birchbox... but luckily for me, I found a lovely fellow Makeuptalk forum member who was willing to swap her teas for one of my samples, and I was overjoyed!

I've tried and enjoyed some Tea Forté teas in the past.  They're a great company. They make a quality product, and they are also Fair Trade Certified.  I had heard of, but not tried, the skin-smart line of teas, so I was excited to try them!  They are supposed to contain antioxidants and ingredients to keep your skin happy.

They came in the mail today and I decided to try one tonight.  I started with the Cherry Marzipan.  This is a green tea for corrective repair.  The company says that this is "Special Reserve green tea with the tart-sweet lushness of acerola cherries and the depth of nutty toasted almond".
Cherry tea can be hard to do right.  Oftentimes, the cherry is overpowering and fake tasting, so I was interested to see how Tea Forté would handle it.  I wasn't disappointed!  After brewing for 3 minutes, I tasted the tea.  It was good!  The first note to come out is the cherry, not overpowering, just tart and sweet enough.  It's followed by the earthy green tea, then finally the sweet nutty almond.  It was great as was, but for the second taste, I added a squeeze of honey.  I think the honey brought the flavors out even more!

This is a really tasty tea, and I think I will be purchasing a box.  I'm always looking for yummy things to put in my favorite tea cup, and if they can do good things for my skin, even better...


2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh. I'm a total ho for tea, and I think I need to have this right now.

PS: it's ok, my roommates always made fun of the massive amounts of tea that I had. But who did they come to when they wanted tea? Me, the tea lady. 

yousoldtheworld said...

It's so good! I've since tried the Cucumber Mint one, and it was good too! Mostly blueberry, with just a bit of the cucumber and mint. Mmmm.  Man, I love tea. :)