Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Birchbox - The May Box (Gossip Girl) Version 2

I finally got my second Birchbox today!  This month, the theme is Gossip Girl, and they are meant to be filled with products inspired by the series and Manhattan's chic events.

Gossip Girl is a guilty pleasure of mine, and while I've fallen behind on this latest season, I was really excited by the idea of these boxes, and I promptly created a second account, so I could try out two boxes. This is the box for my main account.

As I noted in my other Birchbox review this month, these boxes come in one of four themes. I am really happy that my two boxes had different themes, and I had no duplicate products (except the notecards, which are in every box this month, but even they were in different colors.)

This box had the Black Tie Ball theme, a nice difference from my other box, which had the Downtown Book Party theme. This one promises products to help you get a million dollar look.

I love the different colors of tissue paper and cards they used this month, so pretty.

The first thing I noticed and pulled out is the only product in either box this month that I'm not excited about. This is the Miracle Skin Transformer for the Body, in the color Glow. Now, this does seem like a high quality product, but I'm just not a body makeup kind of girl. I spend most of my waking hours in scrubs. Plus, I'm super pale. However, I decided to try this out anyway, and if nothing else, it can serve as a sunscreen for my arms and chest area. It does have a nice consistency and doesn't seem too dark or too shiny. It seems to have decently sheer coverage.

The full sized product is $34 for 3.38 oz, making this .5 oz sample worth $5.03.

The next thing I pulled out was the Cleansing Oil shampoo by Shu Uemura. This is a new brand to me, and I've heard amazing things about it. I'm really excited to try this! It promises to rid your hair of oily residue and leave it full of shine and bounce. Apparently, it has a yuzu scent, which means I'll probably adore it.

The full size is $55 for 400 ml, making this 15 ml sample worth about $2.06.

Inside the little wrapped packet, I found a sample of Miss Dior perfume. I love perfume samples, so I was happy to get this. The scent is a nice one, though it's not really me - it's a bit floral for my taste, I generally prefer sweet fruity scents or gourmands.  However, I will try it out!

The full size is $62 for 1 oz., so this .03 oz. sample is worth $1.86.
Finally, this is what I was most excited to try - Diorshow Extase mascara. This mascara promises to add tons of volume and length as well as fortify your lashes. I love mascaras, so I'm really excited to try this. 

The full size is $28.50 for 10 ml, so this 4 ml sample is worth $11.40!

Finally, I got another notecard, this one in a green color. I love notecards, so I am happy with this. 

A set of 12 of these costs $10, so this one is worth about 83 cents.



For me, this box is another success. While I don't find it quite as exciting as my other box this month, I still got some really good quality items! The prorated value of this box is $21.18, so more than twice what I paid. I can't wait to try out the mascara and shampoo!

What did you get in your Birchbox this month?



1 comment:

Pet savers Life Jackets said...

Thanks for such a nice information and useful blog. I need to share with my friends.
Keep it up.............

Pet savers Life Jackets