Saturday, June 30, 2012

June Favorites!

I can't believe June is over already, wow. I don't have a ton of favorites for the month to share, as I've still been trying to clean out my sample stash. But here are a few things I keep coming back to!

I'm about as pale as I can be, so a good sunblock is a must. I got this one in the summer Target beauty bag, and I fell in love with it. I hate the way most sunblocks feel on my face - they're either too chalky, or too oily, and they make my face feel disgusting. This one is nice - it really is weightless and dry to the touch. I've been using it every day under my makeup (and/or on its own). As soon as this runs out, I'll be buying the full size.

Similarly, I've been using this lip screen by Lavanila every day. I hate sunburned, chapped lips. This is really nice for a lip screen. It's light and smooth, and has a vanilla minty scent and flavor. I like it both on its own and under or over other lip products. The texture and flavor are much nicer than most I've tried, and I love that it is all natural ingredients, as I try to avoid chemicals and petroleum on my lips.

I get bored easily, and I have to change up my scent often. Right now, I'm really loving Vanilla Grapefruit. It's got a citrus zing, but the soft warmness of the vanilla. It's nice and clean and not too strong, and just sweet enough. I love the rollerball, and I keep it in my purse. As with the lip screen, I love that this is all natural and chemical free.

I got this sample from Jouer and I love the shade so much I've ordered the full size. It's called "tender" and it's the perfect peachy shade for me. I love Jouer glosses, they actually last a decently long time for glosses and I like the way they feel on my lips. Love these minis for my purse, too.

I love Zoya polishes - I find them to have the smoothest application and best finish. This shade is my current favorite! It's Kristen, and it's actually from the Feel collection from this last winter. I personally think it's equally pretty for summer, though. While it looks more grey in the bottle, it looks more blue on the nails. It's gorgeous!

And finally, the Cargo color palette in Toronto. I am really into silvery greys and blues right now, and Cargo shadows are my current favorite. The texture and pigmentation is great and the packaging is freakin' adorable. 

So, that's what I'm loving for June. Have you tried any of these products? What are you really into right now?

5 comments:

Becca said...

I got the Neutrogena sunblock in my target summer bag. I didn't like it for my body. It was so dry that I couldn't figure out where I had put it on and where I hadn't. But I loved it for my face. So I agree, its a win. That's also a really pretty Jouer lipgloss. Any suggestions to get the rest of the gloss out of the mini tube?

Angela Scooler said...

What a gorgeous cargo palette! I've picked up a couple & love them. I want them all :)

yousoldtheworld said...

It's my favorite! I am up to 4 of them now, and I am determined to collect all 10. I haven't even been using my other shadows, for the most part, since I got them.

Amy said...

I'm so loving that sunscreen! It's perfect for putting on your face. I've been putting it on every day.

yousoldtheworld said...

It's seriously my favorite sunscreen ever, probably my favorite thing I've ever gotten a free sample of!