Monday, June 17, 2013

Ipsy-June 2013

Wow, I'm behind on my posts lately! I've had my Ipsy bag for about a week now, and I'm just now getting around to playing with everything!

June is Ipsy's 2nd month using the IpsyMatch system, attempting to match us up with appropriate bags to suit us. As such, there were once again quite a few different bag variations you could receive. The theme this month is "On the Wild Side". Here's mine!

Starlooks - Lip Pencil in Tipsy - I actually already have this exact pencil I received in a Starbox, but it's a beautiful coral pink with a super creamy texture. I will absolutely use this one after I finish my other one.

NYX Cream Blush in Rose Petal - I am glad I got a cream blush! This color is nice - a peachy pink, great for a natural look. The texture is great - almost like a mousse or gel!

J Cat Eyelashes - MEH. I have tried a billion different ways and times, and I cannot apply false lashes to save my life. I will put these aside for a trade or gift. To their credit, they are cute and seem like they'd look very natural!

J Cat Sparkling Cream Palette in Volta - Okay. This product looks gorgeous in the pans, but it is terrible. Big chunky glitter in a greasy base, not safe for eyes...it is essentially body glitter. I love sparkle, I love glitter...but what the heck am I supposed to do with this?

Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil - This is a creamy nude pencil. It is actually a bit darker than my skin, so for me it isn't much of a highlighter, but the skin around my eyes is darker than the rest of my face and I find that this does brighten them up as a base and/or on the waterline! 

I have to say that I am really bummed that I didn't get the purple gel liner that many got this month. The idea of IpsyMatch is to suit our styles, and this bag doesn't really do that for me. The bag itself is my favorite part, and I do like the blush, lip pencil, and highlighter! Not a terrible bag, but not one of my favorites.

Here is a swatch of the lipliner, blush and the highlighter. I applied the blush heavily then blended it down so you can see how it can be intense or sheer!


Despite being a bit disappointed this month, I still love Ipsy and look forward to seeing what else they have in store. As always, if you haven't joined, feel free to join using my referral link!

What was in your bag this month?

No comments: