Friday, July 26, 2013

CEW Beauty Insiders Award Winner Mass Appeal box by Birchbox.

Every year, the CEW Beauty Awards nominates and honors the best and most innovative beauty products of the year. Last year, Beauty Bar teamed up with them to create a box of some of the best products for a great price. This year, Birchbox took on the task, and they created two limited edition Birchboxes - one showcasing some of the drugstore brand winners, and one showcasing the prestige brands. I had a discount code to use and some  points, so I picked up both boxes!

I placed my order on Wednesday and I already received it today, Friday! Pretty impressive shipping.

This is the Mass Appeal box. This one contains some of the CEW Beauty Insiders' favorite drugstore products.


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - This is a retractable lip crayon that promises moisture and shiny vivid pigment. I received the color Lovestruck, which is a bright fuschia pink! I've swatched it below. I love this shade.

Olay Pro-X Spot Fading Treatment - This is a serum that helps diminish dark spots and discoloration. I hope this helps some of my acne scars!

Nivea A Kiss of Olive Oil & Lemon Moisture Rich Lip Care - This is a hydrating lip balm. Nivea makes my absolute favorite balms, but I haven't tried this one yet. It smells amazing and I am super excited for it.

Burt's Bees Ultimate Care Hand Cream - This is a nourishing hand cream with baobab and watermelon seed oils. I wash my hands a billion times a day at work, so I appreciate a good hand cream!

L'Oreal Paris Infallible eyeshadow - This is a 24 hour waterproof eyeshadow! It goes on as a shimmery pigmented cream. I received the shade Glistening Garnet, which is a red based purpley pink shade with a lilac sheen. Super pretty!

Simple Revitalizing Roll-On - This is an eye serum that perks up tired eyes. It has cucumber and vitamin B5. I am a big fan of products like this and am really excited to see how this one works out for me!

Here is the Lovestruck balm stain and Glistening Garnet shadow.

And here it is from a different angle so you can see the way the shadow color shifts! Super pretty!

Here is the shadow on bare skin (no other shadows or liner) and the balm stain on bare lips. Forgive the fact that I"m not wearing any other makeup, I just wanted to see how the colors would look!


I am super happy with this box, and every single thing will be used. It retailed for only $12, and the value far exceeds that! I actually found that I preferred this box to the prestige one!

Did you pick up either of these boxes? What do you think?

No comments: