Friday, July 12, 2013

Ipsy - July 2013

Ipsy has been pretty exciting since they started their IpsyMatch system and sending out more product variation! It's fun to anticipate what you might get.

This month, the theme was "Beach Beauty" and as you can probably guess, it is products suitable for summertime and the outdoors, preparing for a day at the beach! There were two products that everyone got, one that came in 3 variations of a similar product (and everyone got one of the variations), one either/or, and one product that you got to suit your profile out of a selection of four. Sounds confusing, I know!

The bag itself this month is transparent clear vinyl - love it! The items I received are actually the exact ones I wanted! 

Coola Mineral Face SPF 20 Moisturizer in Unscented - This is a mineral sunscreen. They sent out this version, a tinted version with rose essence, and possibly the cucumber scented version. I have tried a Coola product before and really liked it, so I am happy to have this, especially as I am trying to move more toward mineral and physical sunscreens as opposed to chemical ones.

Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Fuchsia Flirt - This is one of the products that everyone got, though they sent out a few different colors. Ir's nourishing and plumping. The shade I got is great - a nice cool pink! I'll be using this a lot.

BH Cosmetics California Collection eyeshadow sample - BH Cosmetics released 3 different California palettes containing shadows and blushes. This sample has a shade from each of the three! We got a purple, a brown, and a gold. They are nice and soft and pigmented...I'm really tempted to buy the palettes. This is another product that everyone got.

Demeter - Salt Air perfume oil roll on - This is the product I wanted most of all (and it was the main variation, there was only a 1/4 chance of getting it), and I am so excited that I got it! It is a perfume oil that really does smell like the beach. I smell the water, the salt, and the sun...there's a hint of sunscreen. It's really fresh and really different from my usual sweet or fruity scents. 

Sexy Hair Weatherproof Humidity Resistant Spray - This was an either/or item, and of the two, I preferred this one. It isn't really a hairspray, it is meant to be a finishing spray to protect your hair from the effects of humidity. I live in the midwest, so humidity is a big issue. I'm looking forward to trying this!

As always, the sample sizes are great and the value far exceeds the $10 I paid. The perfume roll-on alone retails for $10!

Here is the lip crayon being worn! Excuse the morning hair and the sunglasses (I got them in another sub this week). I love the color!

And here are swatches of the lip crayon and the 3 shadows.


This is one of my favorite months for Ipsy! Everything is great and summery and will be happily used.  IpsyMatch seems to be working for me, as I expressed interest in fragrances and makeup. What was in your bag this month?

No comments: