Sunday, October 13, 2013

Blush Mystery Beauty Box - October 2013

Blush made the exciting announcement that they would be shipping earlier in the month! I was excited to hear this, as waiting for all my late in the month subs can be torture. True to their word, it shipped by the end of the first week of the month!

Blush Mystery Beauty Box is a newer sub service. For $24.95, they promise over $100 of full and deluxe sized beauty products. Last month was my first month with them, and I was really happy with my box! Here's what I received for October.

Inside the black drawstring bag, there were 8 products, 5 of which were full sized! Blush is run by dermstore, so they have access to very good brands, and they send out a variety of them in these boxes!

First, the three sample sized products (which are still very nice sizes!)

Miracle Skin Transformer: Face in Medium - This works as a primer, tinted moisturizer, sun protector, and shine stopper all in one. Unfortunately, medium shades are far too dark for me, so I will be passing this one along to someone else, but I have tried the body version and it was a great product!

Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi 1 - This is a daily moisturizer with lots of anti-aging benefits. I am all about the anti-aging lately, so I look forward to trying this!

Talika Lipocils Expert - This is a lash-enhancer that conditions the lashes and promotes growth. I've been wanting to try this for ages, and it's one of the most exciting items in the box for me!


And now, the full sized products:

Chella Highlighter Pencil in Ivory Lace - This is a creamy ivory pencil that can be used for several things - highlighting, concealing, brightening. I actually already have a couple of these, and I love them...it makes a great eyeshadow base and a nice spot concealer on my pale skin!

myFace Cosmetics Lip Pop Gloss - This is a lightweight, nonsticky lip gloss. The shade I received is a pretty, sparkly hot pink! I haven't tried it, because I have too many glosses open right now, but it looks great.

Mirabella Mineral Highlighting Powder in Latte Swirl - This is an illuminating powder. The shade I got is a swirl of bronze and pink! I'll admit I was worried when I got this shade...I am quite pale, and browns and bronzers do not work on me. However, I finally tried it (it was too pretty not to) and I need not have worried! It's nice and sheer and will be great for adding a subtle glow to my cheeks, I will just use it in place of blush instead of as a highlighter!

Theraplex FT Exfoliating Emollient - This promises to restore softness and comfort to rough and dry hands and feet. I work on my feet, so I am always happy to have anything to pamper them. I love that this has a bit of a minty smell to it! It has a bit of a greasier feel so I will use it for my feet only...but it made them super soft when I put it on before bed last night!

butter LONDON nail lacquer in Kerfuffle - This is a pretty light coral pink shade. So pretty! I can't wait to try it. I had never tried this brand before, and this month, I received two in the same day, in drastically different colors! This color will be a great subtle shade for me.

Overall, I am really happy with this box! I'll be using everything in it happily except for the one item that is too dark, and that will be passed along to a friend. It kind of blows my mind how good of a value this box continues to be.

If you haven't tried this box yet, leave your email address and I can send you an invite. I believe the invite gives you $10 your first month! Well worth it.

Have you tried anything new lately?


No comments: