Saturday, October 26, 2013

FabFitFun - Fall 2013 box

It's been the kind of week when you just wish you could hibernate. Cold, gloomy, and things at work have been extremely frustrating. I was just thinking on Wednesday that I needed something to cheer me up...and I checked my mail and found my FabFitFun box! Addict as I am, few things can give me a cheerfulness boost like getting a sub box in the mail. It's sad, I know.,.

FabFitFun is a quarterly sub that just started last spring, making this their third box. I have gotten all three boxes. They have definitely had their fair share of growing pains (which is not at all unusual for a new sub company), but based on the fact that they have really tried to make their hiccups right and provide good service, I have stuck around! Boxes are $49.99 per quarter and they are a lifestyle box, including beauty, fashion, fitness, and food items.

The fall box, in my opinion, is by far the best one yet. The shipping was slow, but it arrived intact. I will say right off the bat that there is an item missing from the box. They contacted us about this before the boxes were received and stated that they will be sending out the missing item asap. I have already gotten tracking for this item, so I'm pleased with how it has been handled!

The packaging has gotten more sturdy since the first box! It's a decent sized box, well taped and secured. Here's what was inside:

Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Naturals popcorn in classic butter & sea salt: This is, obviously, microwave popcorn. It's guilt free with half the fat of regular butter flavored corn,  Yeah, this isn't the most exciting inclusion, but I love popcorn and am always looking for healthier, tastier, and more natural alternatives to convenience/snack foods. I haven't tried this yet, but I think I'll pop a bag tonight and demolish it while I catch up on this season of Supernatural.

Starlooks 5 Shade Shadow Palette in Ibiza - This is a neutral palette with shades of white, silver, beige, brown, and black. It did come with a slight dent in the black, which made a bit of a mess, but it was easy enough to clean up. As you know, I am no stranger to Starlooks. I subscribed for several months and have quite a few items. The spoiler pictures I saw contained the St. Tropez palette, which I already own...as such, I was a bit disappointed. It's a beautiful palette, but you don't need two! So I was really happy to get Ibiza. I never ever buy neutrals, so I love getting them in subs...a change of pace for me. I've already worn these shadows and they are nice...the quality is good, and they are pretty pigmented and blendable.

Drinkwel Multivitamins - These are designed to be taken before and after you drink to help prevent a hangover. I do drink, but only occasionally, and rarely to drunkenness...but I do love a good vitamin, and these have lots of important vitamins and minerals. I might save them for a "I need a strong drink or ten right now" kind of night.

Family and Party Games Pack -o-Fun - This is a really cute idea...it's just 8 cards with little games to be played in a group setting. I love things like this, and I will keep them in my bag for the next time break time at work needs a little boost. This was a really unique thing to get in a box!

Sparitual Nail Polish in Can You Dig It?  - This is a shimmery purple based brown with gold shimmer. I am not usually one for browns, but this is really pretty and unique for me. I have been very interested in this brand - not only are they vegan, they do not use synthetic dyes. The plants they use for their colors are grown without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides, and they are harvested in their natural habitat! I'm super excited about all of this. I can't wait to try this polish and see how it wears. 

Orly - Rockets Red Glare - This was a free bonus. One of the hiccups I previously mentioned involved a portion of their subscribers being double charged. They refunded the money/cancelled the double charge, but they included an extra gift to make up for it. This is large and small red hex glitter in a clear base. It's super shiny and I love glitter!

barre3 Standing Slim workout video - This is a 30 minute standing workout.  These workouts are described as "where ballet barre meets yoga and pilates". The only required item is a counter or other waist height surface. I badly need a workout routine, and I am excited to try this one...I like yoga and pilates, and lord knows my balance needs some help.

Surface Trinity Protein Cream - This is a protein cream that strengthens, smooths, and protects. It is supposed to be great for heat styling. I am working on getting my hair back to its natural color, so it has been stripped, bleached, colored, and it is blow-dried or flat ironed at least several times a week. Needless to say, my hair NEEDS pampering, and I am really excited to try this.

Gorjana & Griffin Canary Scarf - This is what it looks like: a gray scarf with pink birds on it! This is the spoiler that inspired me to stick around for this box - I love scarves, and pink and gray and two of my favorite colors. I am beyond pleased with this scarf! It's light and airy but still keeps the neck warm on chilly days, it's a great size, and it's just beautiful.

Here it is being worn! It's versatile and the print isn't overwhelming. I love it!


Health Warrior Chia Bar in Acai Berry - A bar made of chia seeds with acai berry. I generally dislike protein/similar bars...but I tried this and it is actually very good! The chia seeds give it a nice texture, and the fruit is sweet and chewy and plentiful. I honestly would not mind getting more of these!

Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Cleansing Foam - This is obviously the missing item, so the card is standing in for it. It is a foaming face wash designed to brighten and rejuvenate the skin with oxygen and vitamin C! I have heard so much about this cleanser and I am beyond excited to try it. 

Overall, I am really happy with this box! I received nearly 4 times what I paid for it, value-wise, and everything will be used and enjoyed. I hope that FabFitFun can continue to smooth out their hiccups and that their next box comes out smoothly and trouble-free. I think I'll be sticking around to see what they come up with for winter.

What do you think of this box? Have you tried FabFitFun yet? If you're interested in trying them out, feel free to leave me your email and I can send you an invitation.

No comments: