Monday, October 21, 2013

Ipsy - October 2013

My Ipsy showed up pretty late this month.But, I don't mind much, because I already knew what was coming, and it isn't my favorite month, either!

October's theme is The Art of Beauty. The bag itself is plain white with an uncredited Emerson quote on it...which I find a bit annoying. But, I use these bags to organize samples and little things, so it'll do.


This is Spray Clay by stylesexyhair. Honestly, I'm just tired of getting Sexy Hair products, as this is the 4th or 5th one we've gotten. I do like the brand, but the only things I use in my hair are shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner/heat protectant, or oil/serum. This is a texturizing spray with strong hold and a matte finish. The last thing I want in my hair is hold with a matte finish. So, this is added to the gift pile.

This is coconut and argan body lotion by Nourish Organic. I do like body lotion, but I am underwhelmed by this one. I don't care for the smell much (slightly tropical with a bit of black pepper??) and it's not terribly moisturizing. I'll use it, but it's a very forgettable product for me. Extra sad because an alternative in the bags this month was a cake beauty hand cream, which would have been right up my alley! 

This is Ole Henrikson Truth Serum, and it's a big win for me. I already use and love this serum, so a little extra is appreciated. It's a light vitamin C serum that brightens and fights aging.

This is another for the gift pile - Ofra lip plumper in sultry. It's a pretty color and everything, but I have roughly a billion glosses I barely use, as is. So, it looks like a good product but just not an exciting one for me. That's okay, though!

And finally, Zoya nail polish in Mason. Now, this is a pretty color and all - it's a pinkish purple with shimmer. But they sent out 3 different colors, and honestly this is the one I was hoping NOT to get - only because I have so many similar shades, and the other two were a more unique blue and green for my collection. No matter, I do love Zoya and will use this...I was just really hoping for that green!

Overall, I do think this is a pretty forgettable Ipsy month, overall. I normally get things that suit me pretty well, but I feel like this month I kind of got the opposite of the options I'd have chosen with every item but the serum. It's still a great value, though, and I'm excited to see what shows up in November.

If you haven't tried Ipsy yet, feel free to sign up using my referral link. What do you think of this month's bag?

No comments: