Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sample Society, October 2013

I subscribed to Sample Society back when it first launched. I loved it, but at the time, I had too many subs and I was swimming in skincare, so I cancelled. I found myself missing the types of samples they offered, and found myself in the market for a new skincare regimen, so with my recent subscription overhaul, I signed back up! This is my first box back with them. As always, Sample Society has fast shipping and arrives toward the beginning of the month!

The theme this month is New Fall Favorites, and promises must-haves for the season. As I've said before, I love all things fall, and so this is a theme I can get behind!


Everything was well packaged, and I received a good variety of items this month!

Radical Skin Care Age Defying Exfoliating Pads - These use fruit acids to promote cell turnover and promise a brighter and more youthful complexion. I love fruit enzyme exfoliators, so I am pretty excited to try these out. This is a sample packet but it feels like it has several pads in there. 

Minus 417 Hand Moisturizer in "Ocean" - This is a hand cream featuring primrose and olive oils. It promises to soothe and protect hands while leaving them smooth and soft. I wash my hands about a billion times a day at work, so hand creams are a must-have for me! This one feels really nice so far, not at all greasy, and smells great. I always miss out on hand creams when subs send them out, so I was super excited to get this one!

Diptyque 34 Boulevard St. Germain Eau De Toilette - This is a unisex scent that uses woodsy notes to pay homage to the brand's 50th anniversary. I love receiving perfume samples. However, this is my 3rd sample I've tried from Diptyque and the third one I've absolutely hated. This scent, to me, smells like an old man fell into a vat of detergent. Not for me!

IPKN BB Cream in Light - This promises a combination of coverage and skin benefits, like most bb creams. I love this! The coverage is much better than most similar products and it feels great on the skin. It lasted all day for me. This is one of my favorite bb creams I have tried, and it ranks right up there with Missha for me! If I buy the full size, I will select the lighter shade, though - this one is just a tiny bit too dark...not enought o be obvious, but enough that I wished for a slightly lighter one!

butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in British Racing Green - This is a 3 Free nail polish in a shimmery hunter green. This is actually my first butter LONDON, and I was super excited to receive it! On the nails, it does look darker than it looks in the bottle, but it is a gorgeous fall color and the formula is fantastic.

Overall, I am really happy with this box! I got something for my skin, a makeup item, something for my hands, something for my nails, and a perfume for the swap bin. The brands are great and I am happy with my decision to come back to Sample Society.

What are your new fall favorites?

No comments: