Sunday, December 22, 2013

Starlooks Starbox - December 2013

I'm a sucker for a palette. I have more eyeshadows than I am willing to count, and I always want more more more!

So when I found out last month that Starlooks would be sending out another 15 shade eyeshadow palette like they did last December, I had to sign back up for November and December. And I've enjoyed these last 2 months so much that I think I'll stick around awhile longer, even though more makeup is the last thing I need!

My box arrived last week, and I am currently having a lot of fun with it!

I love the cute packaging every month, it always feels like opening a present. This month brings a glossy white box with gold print, tied with green elastic. Super cute!

Inside, the box is covered with pretty gold tissue. I didn't get them in the picture, but they've included 2 of their signature quartz crystals, which I collect in a little cup on my vanity.

This year's palette is called New Years Eve 2014! Last year's what a mix of very bright reds, yellows, greens, blues, and purples. This year's is much more neutral with a few seasonally appropriate pops of color! My neutrals collection is shamefully small, so I am excited about this!

Opening it up, I see that there is a nice mix of shimmers/satins and mattes. I did very quick swatches of all of the shades on my bare arm. Some are very decently pigmented, while a few (specifically the mattes) tend to be more sheer. Now, I am super pale, so the lighter shades are hard to see in the swatches, but they do show up nicely on the eyes!

Each picture below has 5 swatches, starting with the bottom row.




The silver and the green are pretty amazing! The matte berry shade is definitely the most sheer and the hardest to work with of the bunch.

I don't think I'd have paid full price ($99!) for this palette, but the colors are nice and it is a very good deal for what I paid. As usual, I am happy with my Starbox, and I'm glad I did sign back up.



If you are interested in trying out Starlooks, please feel free to do so using my referral link!

No comments: