Monday, January 13, 2014

Beauty Box 5 - January 2014

The mail is a mess this month! Between the snow, the ice, and the holidays, everything is still just running behind...and super frustrating.

Because of that, I was so very excited to find my Beauty Box 5, which never fails to show up bright and early in the month!

The theme for January is "Cheers to you!" and it promises to help us stick to our beauty resolutions! I made several of those this year, so I'm excited to see what's inside.

This month, the box felt nice and heavy for its tiny size! And when I opened it up, it was pretty full.  I love that this box is always a surprise for me. My other subs always get to me fairly late, and I simply cannot resist spoilers. But BB5 ships early enough that I always get my box before I am spoiled! So much fun.

This month, we got 6 products!

This is the "bonus product". It's a cute little mirror compact! It is promoting the new movie "That Awkward Moment". I actually hadn't heard about this movie yet, but now I am very interested in seeing it. Even with the movie aside, if you know me, you know my life is absolutely full of awkward moments, so this cute little mirror suits me perfectly. I was happy to get this! I've been needing one to keep in my bag! It's a great portable size (about the size of a credit card) and the plastic on the outside feels durable without being too thick or heavy. This will be great to slip into my work bag.

Jergens Daily Moisturizer - This is an everyday moisturizing lotion that provides soft skin all day long. I grew up with Jergens, it is my mom's favorite lotion! As such, I find the scent very comforting and familiar. It has a fresh scent that is not too heavy or overpowering. I love that it doesn't compete with any perfumes or fragrances I want to wear.  The formula is nice. It isn't too heavy, and it moisturizes well. It's definitely nothing super unique, but it does the job it is intended to do! This has been going to work with me! I especially love using it to keep my elbows nice and soft, with none of that scratchy winter ashyness. 

Nubar Cuticle and Nail Oil - This is a great jojoba based cuticle oil that promises to keep your hands and cuticles nice and soft and moisturized. One of my goals for this year is to grow stronger, healthier nails.  Mine are always thin and breaking, or peeling. Because of my job, my cuticles and hands in general really take a beating. This will absolutely help with that! I really love this oil! It absorbs quickly. And the smell is heavenly! To me, it smells like almonds. Love that! I like the handy size, too. This will definitely be included in my daily routine!

Epic Blend lip balm in Hemp Coconut - This is an organic lip balm that contains organic coconut oil (and flavor!) and other super healthy organic ingredients. I love a good lip balm. More importantly, I love a lip balm that does not contain petroleum, and is not tested on animals! This one fits that bill. I'm not a huge coconut fan, but this smells nice without being overwhelmingly coconutty. The texture is smooth and silky and it feels really good on the lips. I am pretty impressed and I might be buying more of these balms once I use up some of my stash! I plan to use only organic lip balms this year, as they do the job so much better than the chemical filled versions. 

H2O Plus Spa Sea Lotus Body Wash - This is a mineral-rich body wash that contains red algae, aloe, and vitamin E. It has a really fresh and crisp unisex scent that is not too heavy and makes me wish for summery days by the water! I love receiving body washes. This one is really nice! It produces a nice rich lather and it is a super refreshing scent that left my skin feeling soft and smooth. This is a great brand and I am glad to have tried this product by them.

Swissco Bath & Shower Exfoliating Gloves - These are gloves intended to buff away dead, dry skin in the shower or bath! These are my absolute favorite item in the box! I get dry, itchy skin in the winter and my pouf never seems to fully do the job.  I have been using these all weekend! I just put a little body wash on them, later up, and a few minutes later, my skin is completely soft and smooth. I think these will be a regular staple in my routine from now on!

Overall, I am super thrilled with this month's BB5. I like the variety of products, and everything will be used, happily. It's a great value for $12!

What do you think of this box? Have you tried Beauty Box 5 yet? If not, go here to sign up!

No comments: