Saturday, January 4, 2014

New year, new goals!

I can't believe it's 2014 already. I keep writing the wrong date on things. I can't say I'm sad to see 2013 go, as I had my fair share of misfortune and mishaps all year. Here's to hoping for a better year!

I have a few resolutions/goals for the year.

First of all, I am beginning a mega weight loss mission. I'm not imposing any grand workout goals or diet restrictions, as I want this to be something I can stick with. Instead, I'm just focusing on calories in vs. calories burned, and most importantly, keeping track of everything I eat. It's so eye opening when you see how every little thing you snack on adds up!

To go along with my weight loss goal is a no-buy. With the exception of my subs, I am not allowing myself to buy any beauty products. Instead, I am going to allow myself beauty purchases when I meet weight loss benchmarks. I haven't decided exactly what they will be, but for now I have set my first "reward" at 10 pounds.

Another goal is to use up things in my stash! I am terrible about getting something new and NEEDING to try it right away...and the number of open products I have just grows and grows, and since I'm using so many at once, it takes forever to use anything up. My goal for 2014 is to use up my open cleansers, moisturizers, serums, creams, and scrubs before I open anything new. Once that is done, I will have only one item of each type/need open at a time! This also applies to hair care products and certain types of makeup! I want to use up some of my partially used bb creams, foundations, and mascaras before trying anything new, as well.

To go with this, I intend to start monthly "empties" posts, where I share the items I've finished and my thoughts on them, as well as going back to monthly favorites posts, which I deserted a while back. I really love reading those kinds of posts and I want to go back to making them!


So, hopefully there is a lot of change on the horizon, here! What about you? Do you have any beauty resolutions or goals for the year? What kind of posts do you like to read?

Happy 2014!

No comments: