Saturday, February 1, 2014

January 2014 Empties!

This is a new kind of post for me! One of my goals for this year was to buy less, and use up what I have. As such, I will be sharing what I've used up each month and sharing my feelings on each item. I've decided that this applies only to full sized and deluxe sample sizes, and not single use foils. I feel pretty satisfied with my January empties!

Here's everything all together! For the sake of simplicity, I've divided it up into 3 "batches". 

LUSH Ro's Argan Body Conditioner - This is a really unique product! You apply it after you wash in the shower, and then rinse it off, just like a hair conditioner. It smells like fresh roses and left my winter skin so soft and pampered. I absolutely loved this and was so sad to see it gone! This was definitely my favorite of the products I used up in January! It goes so well with the Rose Jam shower gel by LUSH. 

Aloxxi Leave-In Conditioner - This was a nice leave in spray by Aloxxi. It did a good job of keeping my hair soft and conditioned. It has a nice scent and didn't weigh down my hair or make it greasy. There was nothing really unique about it, so I won't be purchasing it, but I did not mind using it at all!

Origins Ginger Souffle - This is a really amazing whipped body cream! It feels light and delicious going on...and it is so gingery! This is not a bakery type of ginger scent, but rather a true, fresh, zesty ginger scent with citrus notes. It felt so refreshing on my skin, with almost a slight tingle. This is really great for the morning. I would repurchase, but I have so many body creams I need to use up. It's amazing!

The Aloe Source Jojoba Radiance Cleansing Polish - This is an exfoliating face wash. It smells so good - just like fresh grapefruit! It exfoliates both with gentle beads and with enzymes. I really loved this, it left my face feeling fresh and soft. I would also repurchase this once my stash is used up!

Tarte BB Tinted Treatment in Fair - This is another BB cream...but unlike many others, this one is actually pale enough for me! It is designed to also be used as a primer, so it leaves your skin with that super smooth feel. I really liked this. It did not have much coverage. I don't think I will repurchase for the price, but I loved the color and finish.

Lancome Genefique Creme Serum - This is a serum with a light creme texture that promises to fight aging. I really liked it! It left my skin feeling nice and fresh under my moisturizer.  I would not repurchase due to the price, but I am so glad I got to try it. It is a very nice serum.

Dermorganics Shampoo - This is a sulfate free natural shampoo. I love that it didn't strip my hair too much! I didn't really love the scent, but it wasn't a dealbreaker. I would absolutely consider repurchasing both this and the hair masque...I'm trying to incorporate more natural  products into my routine.

Minus 417 Hand Moisturizer in Ocean - This is a light hand cream with a fresh, almost slightly masculine scent. I really liked it and it left my hands soft, but not greasy. I didn't love the scent, but it was okay, and a nice break from my usual sweet or fruity scents I gravitate toward. 

Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream - This was a great moisturizer - not too heavy, left my skin feeling great, and it lasted a good long time. Really liked the fresh scent and I do feel that it helped keep my skin looking young and fresh. I might repurchase in the future! 

VMV Hypoallergenics Re-Everything Eye Serum - This is the most amazing eye serum! It provides instant tightening, as well as long term effects, and it is free of parabens and preservatives. I love eye creams and treatments - I've always had dark circles and slight fine lines, and I want to prevent those first signs of aging as long as I can. I would love to repurchase this, but it would definitely be a splurge.

Shiseido Perfect Mascara Full Definition - This was a really great, dramatic mascara! I loved how long and full it made my lashes look. I would use it again, but I have way too much in my stash to repurchase!

Be a Bombshell eyeliner in Amethyst - This is a pretty purple marker-style eyeliner. The shade and staying power are great...unfortunately it dried out on me pretty quickly. The marker is a bit clunky to use, but some really liked the larger size.

Juice Beauty Oil Free Moisturizer - This is a simple, light moisturizer. I actually prefer it for summer, but it is also good for using over serums without feeling too heavy on the skin. I love the natural ingredients.

BentaBerry Mattifying Moisturizer - This is the worst moisturizer I've ever tried. Even when I used a tiny amount, it balled up on my skin, and made it look like my face was flaking off. NO THANK YOU. Glad to see this go.

Biolage Exquisite Oil hair treatment - This is a really nice hair oil. It is nothing mind blowing or unique, but it kept my hair soft and smooth and moisturized. I'd use it again, but have too many similar oils to repurchase!

Red Flower gingergrass bamboo scrub - This was a really cool scrub - it was made of gingergrass instead of salt or sugar! It was gentle, and felt super luxurious! It smelled nice and citrusy, too! It is out of my price range for a body scrub, but I really loved trying it.

eyeko skinny liner in black - This is one of my favorite liners. It stays put and goes on really easily. I already have a second black one as well as a couple of other colors. I do think I will repurchase all of the colors once I use up my other liquid liners. The turquoise is especially beautiful!

Annick Goutal Petit Cherie perfume - This is a great perfume - it smells of roses, peaches, and fresh grass. I really like it and would love to buy a bottle of it. I should use up some other perfumes first, but this is definitely on my "rebuy" list!


Did you use up anything you loved in January?

No comments: