Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Glossybox - February 2014

Man, I'm glad February is over. I love the month for the chocolate, but the weather...gah. It's no surprise that my Glossybox was the last of my subs to show up...some girls STILL haven't received their February box! Mine did show up about a week ago, but I've been behind on everything this month.

But, since I am home sick with the plague today, I figured I'd at least get something done.

February's box has a theme of "The Month of Love". They state that they aim to deliver a box filled with love and happiness every month, and that they hope each box serves as a reminder to take some time to primp and pamper yourself.

There were some variations this month! Here's what I received.



Anatomicals - Puffy the Eye Bag Slayer Wake Up Under Eye Patches - Okay, how cute is this name? This is the same brand that sent out a really great shower gel a couple of months ago, and they have such cute clever names. These are eye patches intended to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and eye bags as well as moisturize, nourish, and rejuvenate. I have issues with dark circles, puffiness, and natural fine lines, so I was super excited to get these. There are 3 sets of the patches. I tried one, and they were really nice - my eyes really did look and feel better, and they felt super cooling and soothing while on. Really happy with these!

Lauren B Beauty Nail Couture in City of Angels - This is a brand new line of quick drying nail enamel that promises a high shine and chip resistant finish. The shade is a very sheer light pink. I do love trying new polish brands, but I am less than thrilled with this color - pale pinks like this always go on so streaky for me, and I don't care much for the look of the shade while worn, either. The formula does seem nice, but a different color would have made me much happier.

Sumita Beauty Kala Color Intense Pencil - This is a deep black long wearing liner. I actually have a travel size of this already, and it is a great liner - super dark and creamy and it really does last. I'd have been more excited for a fun color, but as far as black eye pencils go, this is a really great one!

Skin&Co Roma Truffle Therapy Serum Plus - This is a hydrating serum that promises to increase hydration and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. I love this serum...it really does make my skin look and feel nice and soft and hydrated. It's too expensive for me to purchase, but I will use the sample and be happy to try any of this brand's products.

Pureology Serious Colour Care Colour Fanatic Multi-Tasking Hair Beautifier for Color Treated Hair - Okay, could they come up with a longer name for this stuff? Seeeeriously. Anyway, this is a hair treatment that promises 21 benefits and to prime and protect hair. Well, frankly it sounds like a lot of words that basically mean "leave-in conditioner and protectant" to me, but yeah...marketing. This stuff is okay. It feels a bit heavy on my hair, but it's not bad. I won't purchase it, but I will use the sample.

Overall, this was an okay month for me. I love the eye pads and the serum. I like and will use the liner and spray. The polish is getting passed along to someone who will use it, because I dislike the color. This was my last month of my 6 month sub, and I haven't decided if I'm going to resub for March or not.

What do you think of February's box?

No comments: